Satanic Mechanic Forum Index

<  Open forum  ~  Hi all

JohnK6
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Rookie Rookie
Hi all,

I just registerd on this forum via the satanic page

My name is John i'm from holland i've got my drivers licence 10 years ago, and since than i drive a honda cb 750 K6 (1976) i bought that bike for 1000 guilders(about 400 euro) and driven with that 160.000 km (since i bought it)

3 years ago the engine of the K6 was finished(lot of oil usage( 1/500km) so i had it bored to the second

last year i bought a cb 750K7 for 250 euro, it standed in a children-sand bank with a cloth over it, this bike is very bad but the engine is o.k(it's my the looks are shit, but the drive is great bike)

i've got a extra block in my cellar laying which i want to overhole(repair)
this is a orignal k6 engine, and will be my first move to get more power out of the cb 750,so i bought a 822 cc cilinder with cb900 pistons, i've registerd here so i can use youre knowledge Wink

JohnK6 (holland)
Satanic Mechanic
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:28 am Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
Hi John,

welcome to the forum! Seems you got some great deals on your bikes (and you are a frequent rider - 160 000km!).

The 822 cc conversion should be pretty much straightforward - just get the block bored out and honed and then install it. If you want to be on the safe side, check the valve to piston clearance when reassembling your engine.

All the best
Axl