Satanic Mechanic Forum Index

<  Custom chassis  ~  Whta about this bike in Costa Rica

Segoni
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Rookie Rookie
I just stumble on this forum and I like to know what do you think about this bike and how much is it worth.

It's mine and was build by Italian mechanic who came here for few months from Europe. It has Segoni frame with many interesting parts (see photo).
Bike was NEVER crashed.

I did make some costume changes (not o the frame, just cosmetic) to make it more as a streefighter like,
Took the faring of, change seat, tank, handle bars, lights etc.
Original it was green, now it's blacj with green metallic paint and clear finish.

This bike turns all the heads when on the street - believe me.
Even cops stop me for no reason, just to have a look at it even try to drag race me (they always loose) funny country.

It came with Kawa 650cc racing modified engine that I took out and replaced it with Kawa KZ1000 cc.

Bike looks very different and runs very strong. (still runs and has plates)
I also have the original engine (650cc +++) complete with carbs and headers.

I am making large development on the beach and I am not longer planing using the bike. Plus I am almost sixty. Someone else can have the fun.

More info on request.
Here is the link:
http://aronsite.com/george/bike.html

TIA
Satanic Mechanic
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
A rare and unique bike that you have there, indeed. I am sure it's a real head turner. Would you have some higher resolution photos you could mail me (sohc4de@gmail.com), the pictures on your site are a bit small to see the details.

Streetfighters are not my style (sorry to say that, but since you asked what I think), but since you still have all the racer parts, it could easily be converted back. Please, don't be put off, this is just my personal and biased opinion.

Now, what is it worth Question In general, the price range for those specials is rather mediocre, compared to stock Hondas or Kawas which are beginning to move up provided they are stock and in good shape. I know of one Segoni Honda which has changed hands in Europe a few years ago for EUR 3000 (approx. US$ 4300).

Your bike may go for more, since it is a Streetfighter, which are probably more looked after these days than racers, especially vintage racers. Streetfighters are kind of hip today, at least in Europe - I am not so familiar with the biker scene in Costa Rica (shame on me Embarassed )

Hope that helps a bit.
Segoni
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:57 am Reply with quote
Rookie Rookie
Thank you very much for answering my post.

As you could see from my website I am not 20 anymore. Had the bike for few years and it's time to find a new home.
Especially would also be nice to find a person who know the value and Segoni frames (here they have no clues).

I would consider selling the bike as is for $3200 (buyer would pay shipping).
I would also include the spare engine 650+ cc (I think it has the headers and complete exhaust, carburetors and rest of the parts that I have for FREE. Only as a courtesy.

Maybe you can spread the word for me.

I am building condos and have no time for anything else and the bike is getting wasted. Someone can have a plenty fun in Europe and the price is a joke..

Thanks in advance.
George

BTW: I'll "try" to find better photos.
Satanic Mechanic
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:42 am Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
Hi George,

any luck finding better photos? I have been spreading the word for you already.

Now, if it had a CB 750 SOHC andgine, I'd be more than tempted Very Happy

Cheers,
Segoni
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:35 am Reply with quote
Rookie Rookie
Hi man,
I checked and I didn't found any photos that I consider worth while, but will pick up my bike from the shop and take it home soon.

I will take some photos then.

Cheers,
G

BTW: thanks for the help.
I am sure you can find some decent CB engine and slam it on the Segoni frame of mine Wink